This is a mobile phone that:
- First and foremost, is a well-working reliable phone
- Is as open-source as possible while also being cheap
- Can be assembled and repaired independently
- Is easy to get parts for
- Doesn’t have apps with privacy concerns
- Allows to write your own apps in Python
Currently, it costs about 50$ in parts if you buy all the parts yourself, with parts available from eBay, TaoBao and other places. During the upcoming crowdfunding, kits will be available, as well as a small batch of fully-assembled phones. User interface is written using Python, and is slowly being morphed into a lightweight phone-tailored UI framework.